Pirates of the AmericasBook - 2010
This book offers true stories of bloodthirsty pirates and the courageous men trying to stop them during the Western Hemisphere's golden age of piracy in the 17th and 18th centuries.
* Comprises 400 A-Z biographical entries on pirates and privateers, as well as those officials who fought them, plus numerous related topics
* A brief chronology details related events at the end of each volume
* Includes 150 ancient maps, ship views, harbor charts, and modern renderings, plus 12 maps commissioned for this work
* Offers a select bibliography at the end of each volume
* Presents a glossary at the end of each volume, including some colorful and unusual expressions
* Provides a comprehensive index at the end of each volume