Victims of Sexual Assault and Abuse
Resources and Responses for Individuals and FamiliesBook - 2010
A team of educators, counselors, and scholars examine the widespread problem of sexual assault and abuse in the United States from a legal, criminal justice, psychological, clinical, and legislative perspective.
* Over 70 expert contributors in the area of violence against children, teens and adults
* Provides examples of effective prevention programs and violent offender treatment programs, as well as recommendations for assessing and treating battered women
* Presents a clear history of sexual abuse in the United States
* Bibliographies accompany each chapter in each volume
* A listing of websites and organizations dealing with sexual assault and abuse provides additional resources